Our Wyoming family dentist promotes proper oral hygiene as one of the most important things you can do for your teeth and gums.
Healthy teeth not only enable you to look and feel good, but they also allow you to eat and speak properly. Our Wyoming dentist knows that maintaining good oral health is important to your overall well-being. Daily preventive dental care, including proper brushing and flossing, will help stop problems before they develop.
Between your regular visits to our Wyoming preventative dentistry, there are simple steps you can take to greatly decrease the risk of developing tooth decay, gum disease, and other dental problems.
Some things you can do to prevent tooth decay:
- Brush thoroughly twice a day and floss daily
- Eat a balanced diet and limit snacks between meals
- Use dental products containing fluoride, including toothpaste
- Rinse with fluoride mouth rinse
- Make sure children under 12 drink fluoridated water or take a fluoride supplement
- Visit your dentist regularly for professional teeth cleanings and oral exams
- Replace your toothbrush every 3-4 months
The following are indications of good oral hygiene:
- Teeth are clean and free of debris
- Gums are pink and do not hurt or bleed when you brush or floss
- Bad breath is not a constant problem